pg_hba.conf issue

От Ritu Khetan
Тема pg_hba.conf issue
Дата
Re: pg_hba.conf issue
Список pgsql-admin
Hi friends,

We have a product with Postgres 8.1 integrated for installations on
Windows. The standard pg_hba.conf configuration going in the package is

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               trust
#host    all         all         172.21.42.121/24               trust
host    all         all         172.21.51.56/24               trust

While this works at most of the locations, we have a peculiar error coming
up at 2-3 locations. The error reads:

no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1" , user "crisil" , database "crisil" ,
SSL off "

Can someone give any clue on why could this be coming up? We do not intend
to use SSL either. Our analysis shows this problem gets resolved if the
entry for ::1/128 is uncommented but we would like to understand in which
scenario is this entry needed.

Regards,
Ritu
Disclaimer :
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
pleasedelete the message (including any attachments) from your system without using, transmitting or storing it. Please
alsoimmediately inform the sender. E-mails are not secure and may suffer from errors, viruses, unauthorized
interceptions/ amendments. CRISIL and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for loss or damage caused by this
e-mailand may monitor e-mail traffic.