Re: Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql

От Andrew Rawnsley
Тема Re: Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The java code is reasonably agnostic, provided the JDBC driver is smart
enough to
deal with any datatype properly as strings, although that intelligence
can be added.
Something else as a slave would be considerable easier, of course. For
something
else to be the master, you would have to find a way to mimic the
trigger code to make
the entry into the _rserve_log_?_ tables.

On Apr 16, 2004, at 8:17 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 03:58:36PM +0200, Miguel Guzman Miranda wrote:
>>     I've been suggested to do a triggered procedure in Oracle so that
>> everytime a file is inserted, deleted or updated, a perl script is run
>> which modifies in turn the PSQL DB.
>
> If you go to gborg and get the latest erserver code, you could
> probably use that as a base.  It works pretty much as you described.
> At the moment, it is designed to use Postgres as the master, but I've
> been thinking about it lately, and it strikes me that it could be
> modified to use other RDBMS.  Since the data is pushed around using
> JDBC, I suspect that it could be modified to sync any systems for
> which you have a JDBC driver.  Some work will be required for that,
> though.  In particular, it depends on the Postgres system tables, so
> you'd have to figure out how to fix that.
>
> Note that it does not do DDL, and it imposes a noticable cost to
> transactions on the master database.

> --
> Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca

> majordomo@postgresql.org)

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com