Re: Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 03:58:36PM +0200, Miguel Guzman Miranda wrote:
>     I've been suggested to do a triggered procedure in Oracle so that
> everytime a file is inserted, deleted or updated, a perl script is run
> which modifies in turn the PSQL DB.

If you go to gborg and get the latest erserver code, you could
probably use that as a base.  It works pretty much as you described.
At the moment, it is designed to use Postgres as the master, but I've
been thinking about it lately, and it strikes me that it could be
modified to use other RDBMS.  Since the data is pushed around using
JDBC, I suspect that it could be modified to sync any systems for
which you have a JDBC driver.  Some work will be required for that,
though.  In particular, it depends on the Postgres system tables, so
you'd have to figure out how to fix that.

Note that it does not do DDL, and it imposes a noticable cost to
transactions on the master database.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca