Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Chad R. Larson" <chad@eldocomp.com> writes:
> I suspect that among the conformance switches, you can find a combination
> you like:

I've been through them.  None of 'em turn off // comments.  Or #-sign
preprocessor assertions, or a few other post-ANSI-C inventions.
(Hell, preprocessor assertions aren't in C99 either.)

> Also, look at the warning options "-pedantic" and "-pedantic-errors".

As the GCC folks advise, those are useful only for pedants.  I'm not
interested in pedantry, but portability.  I don't think the GCC guys
really care about backwards compatibility to old compilers ... which
is surely their right, but it's kind of a problem for those of us
who'd like to maintain portable application code.

Сообщение: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Сообщение: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test