Re: Problems upgrading from 7.1.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems upgrading from 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Geoffrey Wossum <geoffrey@pager.net> writes:
> On Wednesday 05 February 2003 01:12 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This smells to me like it could be a newline-formatting problem (COPY is
>> pretty picky about its newlines).

> [ Nope ]

Drat, another perfectly good theory down the drain.

> Bjoern suggested I add "-d" or "-D" to the pg_dump/pg_dumpall command line,
> which worked flawlessly, although recreating the database was a bit slow.

Hm.  The -d business used to be a standard workaround for some known
limitations of COPY, but I was of the opinion that we'd fixed the last
of them as of 7.3.  If you found -d necessary even with 7.3.x pg_dump
then I'd like to see the details.  The table definition (as dumped by
pg_dump) and the first few lines of COPY data from the dump would be
useful info to start with...