Re: CREATEROLE and role ownership hierarchies

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: CREATEROLE and role ownership hierarchies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jan 24, 2022, at 2:21 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> Being able to create and drop users is, in fact, effectively a superuser-only task today.  We could throw out the
entireidea of role ownership, in fact, as being entirely unnecessary when talking about that specific task.

Wow, that's totally contrary to how I see this patch.  The heart and soul of this patch is to fix the fact that
CREATEROLEis currently overpowered.  Everything else is gravy.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: XTS cipher mode for cluster file encryption