Re: Segfault Exiting psql

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Segfault Exiting psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 27, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Jason Essington wrote:

> Has there been any movement on this? as of 8.1.2 psql still whines
> on OS X tiger when you exit.
> I realize it is not significant, but I'd still rather not see it.
> In the interim, I've done:
>
>         errno = 0;
>         write_history(fname);  /* return value is not standardized */
>         if (errno)
>             psql_error("could not save history to file \"%s\": %s\n", fname,
> strerror(errno));
>         else
>             return true;

I can into this recently on my osx install.
It is another case of Apple being really, really stupid.

Look to see if /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib is a symlink to libedit
Once I made libreadline actually readline, it stopped segfaulting.
(Highly annoying since I kept trying to recompile to get it to work).
You can also use otool -L psql to check to see what it is actually
linking as well.

(You were getting those core dumps and the message about szone_error
right - I missed the rest of the thread)

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and