Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and
Дата
Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> That line of argument leads to the suggestion that pg_dump should just
>> use something else (I'd vote for "|"), all the time, in order to produce
>> more robust dump files.  I still don't see the argument for exposing
>> a switch though.

> If we regard them as suitable for human editing for normal use, yes.

No, that actually was no part of my point.  A pg_dump file that doesn't
use tabs is more likely to survive being emailed, for instance.  I'm not
sure whether that is a large enough consideration to justify a change,
but you don't have to assume that anyone's intending to edit anything
to make the argument for it.