Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles

От Marcin Kasperski
Тема Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Now, I think that "db authentication"  is simply not enough , because
> the administrator can copy the data files to his own machine (where he
> is the owner of the database).

Or just change pg_hba.conf to his taste....

> Is there a way to protect the data files, so even the "malicious
> administrator" cannot see the data ?

Encrypt it. And keep the key on some other machine. And plan your
application so decryption happens on some other machine

| Marcin Kasperski   | Communication takes place between people,
| http://mekk.waw.pl |      documents are secondary. (Booch)

Сообщение: Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles
Сообщение: Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles