Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles

От zferentz@gmail.com
Тема Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles
Дата
Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles  (Tino Schwarze <postgresql@tisc.de>)
Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I'd like to use postgres to store my secret data  in a way that only
me (the DBA, owner of the table) can access the talbe while the root
(system administrator) who installed and maintains the server - will
not be able to see the data.

Now, I think that "db authentication"  is simply not enough , because
the administrator can copy the data files to his own machine (where he
is the owner of the database).

Is there a way to protect the data files, so even the "malicious
administrator" cannot see the data ?

tnx,
zferentz