Re: restart_after_crash

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: restart_after_crash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Brandl, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.brandl@brz.gv.at> writes:

> Hi
> We are testing
> restart_after_crash = on
>
> What is a cras? We killed the Postgres process with -9 SIGSEGV SIGABRT etc.. But never postgres is restarting.
>
> The question arose because of the decision to restart Postgres over systemctl or with the Postgres feature.
>
> But it seems that the Postgres restart is not working or not always working. Or is an additional feature necessary?

It is for a postmaster controlled kill of all backends after a *backend*
crash.

Killing postmaster itself as you are doing does not invoke the feature.

Try choosing any client backend by PID and then do your kill -9 on that
one.

Then expect any other backends to be killed also but the postmaster
still working and then spawning more backend when clients attempt to
connect.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting