Обсуждение: restart_after_crash

restart_after_crash

От
"Brandl, Wolfgang"
Дата:
Hi
We are testing
restart_after_crash = on

What is a cras? We killed the Postgres process with -9 SIGSEGV SIGABRT etc.. But never postgres is restarting.

The question arose because of the decision to restart Postgres over systemctl or with the Postgres feature.

But it seems that the Postgres restart is not working or not always working. Or is an additional feature necessary?

Regards
Wolfgang

Re: restart_after_crash

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Brandl, Wolfgang 2018-09-12 <F2EB158D72DC6A4F97877DD0BB6F020E65065972@CMD0MBX-AB01.cmd0.cna.at>
> Hi
> We are testing
> restart_after_crash = on
>
> What is a cras? We killed the Postgres process with -9 SIGSEGV SIGABRT etc.. But never postgres is restarting.

You need to kill a backend process. If you kill the postmaster, there
is nothing that could restart.

Christoph

Re: restart_after_crash

От
Jerry Sievers
Дата:
"Brandl, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.brandl@brz.gv.at> writes:

> Hi
> We are testing
> restart_after_crash = on
>
> What is a cras? We killed the Postgres process with -9 SIGSEGV SIGABRT etc.. But never postgres is restarting.
>
> The question arose because of the decision to restart Postgres over systemctl or with the Postgres feature.
>
> But it seems that the Postgres restart is not working or not always working. Or is an additional feature necessary?

It is for a postmaster controlled kill of all backends after a *backend*
crash.

Killing postmaster itself as you are doing does not invoke the feature.

Try choosing any client backend by PID and then do your kill -9 on that
one.

Then expect any other backends to be killed also but the postmaster
still working and then spawning more backend when clients attempt to
connect.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting