Re: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?
Дата
RE: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?  (Erwin Fritz <efritz@gljpc.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Erwin Fritz <efritz@gljpc.com> writes:

> Here's the output:
>
> select * from pg_settings where name = 'temp_file_limit';
> -[ RECORD 1 ]---+-------------------------------------------------------------------
> name            | temp_file_limit
> setting         | 4194304
> unit            | kB
> category        | Resource Usage / Disk
> short_desc      | Limits the total size of all temporary files used by each session.
> extra_desc      | -1 means no limit.
> context         | superuser
> vartype         | integer
> source          | database

^^^^^

This means someone/thing said...

ALTER DATABASE $foodb SET temp_file_limit to '$whatever';

See psql \drds.

Just do an explicit override in your own job prior to the code that
errors out due to resource shortfall.

SET temp_file_limit to -1;

HTH

> min_val         | -1
> max_val         | 2147483647
> enumvals        |
> boot_val        | -1
> reset_val       | 4194304
> sourcefile      |
> sourceline      |
> pending_restart | f
>

> -----------------------------
> This message is intended only for the recipient(s) to which it is
> addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. If you have received this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete all copies.

hasthe correct location of the file.

> What does the "source" column say?

Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting
e: postgres.consulting@comcast.net
p: 312.241.7800

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: pgbackrest: backup from standby