Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL 7.3.4

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL 7.3.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
markw@osdl.org writes:

> On 22 Sep, Greg Stark wrote:
> > Are those response times in the right unit? 7-10s?
>
> The plans (http://developer.osdl.org/markw/74/db/plan0.out) don't show
> any table scans.  They appears to be mostly index scans.  There aren't
> any batch updates.

Would it be easy to generate this file doing "explain analyze" instead? It
would give me a better idea what you're doing since I don't know much about
the data.

Just looking at the plans I don't see how any of these queries could possibly
take 7s. There are two that could possibly take a few hundred milliseconds,
the others I would expect to be under 100ms. Obviously this is all just a gut
reaction, not having looked at the data, and it would depend on the hardware.
But none of the queries look like they should measuring reaction times in
seconds.

> Right, and when this thing is tuned better, I expect the transactions to
> be down in the 20-200ms range.  I do have about 70 drives for the
> database, so it really shouldn't be i/o bound at with the size of the
> database I'm using now, which is about 20 or 30 GB.

70 drives for 20-30G? That's pretty extreme.

--
greg