Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL

От markw@osdl.org
Тема Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

No problem: http://developer.osdl.org/markw/misc/plana.out

> Just looking at the plans I don't see how any of these queries could possibly
> take 7s. There are two that could possibly take a few hundred milliseconds,
> the others I would expect to be under 100ms. Obviously this is all just a gut
> reaction, not having looked at the data, and it would depend on the hardware.
> But none of the queries look like they should measuring reaction times in
> seconds.

I have a 4-way 1.5Ghz Xeon with 256KB cache and hyper-threading enabled
and 4GB of memory.  Although the disk controllers are reducing my
physical memory by about 500MB.  I can provide more details if you like.
>> Right, and when this thing is tuned better, I expect the transactions to
>> be down in the 20-200ms range.  I do have about 70 drives for the
>> database, so it really shouldn't be i/o bound at with the size of the
>> database I'm using now, which is about 20 or 30 GB.
>
> 70 drives for 20-30G? That's pretty extreme.

Yeah, we're starting small but we'll increase the database size as we
move along.

Mark

Сообщение: Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.
Сообщение: Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.