Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?

От Tim Clarke
Тема Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?
Список pgsql-general
+1 for not re-inventing the wheel - building on Netbeans or the Eclipse
project would save you heaps of time and effort and provide
cross-platform out of the box. I use Eclipse all the time.

Tim Clarke

On 15/07/18 20:41, Chuck Davis wrote:
> If you decide to proceed on this project there's no need to reinvent the wheel.
>
> I use Netbeans for my development.  it has quite a good facility for
> working with databases and I use it regularly with Postgres.  Since
> Netbeans is now licensed under Apache 2 you might find useful code
> there.  Be assured it uses JDBC for access but JDBC is universally
> available and the folks at Postgresql have done quite a nice job with
> JDBC drivers.  Of course, this already works on all platforms.  The
> implementation is basic but very useful:  i.e. a good starting point.
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you all for your responses!
>>
>> Okay, if I decide to start this project, the Linux platform will be
>> supported.
>>
>> As I see it, pgspa (PostgreSQL Server Programming Assistant) should have
>> both the command line interface,
>> and the GUI for visualizing some aspects of the work. The tool should be
>> friendly for your favorite editors (Emacs,
>> VSCode etc) for easy integration to the daily workflow. (There is no plans
>> to write feature rich text editor inside
>> the IDE. It's more rational to provide the integration with the existing
>> text editors for professional programmers.)
>> What do you think?

Сообщение: Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?