Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?

От Vincenzo Campanella
Тема Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il 16.07.2018 11:41, Albrecht Dreß ha scritto:
> Am 16.07.18 00:14 schrieb(en) Tim Cross:
>>> Thank you for the point. I'm the C++ programmer and I'm author of the
>>> C++ client library for PostgreSQL - Pgfe and I'm going to use it in
>>> this project. But I'm not sure about the cross-platform GUI toolkit.
>>
>> The cross-platform GUI toolkit will be the challenge.
>
> Try Qt <https://www.qt.io/download-qt-installer>.  It uses c++, comes
> with a dual license (LGPL/commercial) and supports all relevant platforms:
> - Linux: will work ootb for all distos I know, without the need to ship
> it with libraries
> - macOS: includes support to create the usual bundles which go into the
> Applications folder
> - Winbloze: works fine there, too, if you insist on a broken os ;-)
>
> I worked on a Qt-based oss project in the past, and it is actually
> trivial to create binaries for all aforementioned platforms from the
> same sources.

That's a very good solution, IMHO.

Otherwise, WxWidgets (https://www.wxwidgets.org/) could also be a good
solution...

От: Tim Clarke
Сообщение: Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) forPostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?