Re: Favorite Tom Lane quotes

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Favorite Tom Lane quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:
> "Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
>> We really need a favorite Tom Lane quotes thread.  Mine is (roughly):
>
>> We don't support that, but you're free to try it, you just get to keep
>> both pieces if it breaks.
>
> Hate to disillusion you, but that's a standard comment around Red Hat.
> I have no idea who said it first, but twasn't me.

There's a license that has that as its main clause.  See the end of
the document..

   http://man.he.net/man8/chat

An authoritative source for the original seems to have evaporated, but
here's a direct "inheritor" implemented in Expect:
  http://expect.nist.gov/scripts/chat

A quick web search indicates that ucLinux seems to include "old style
chat" as also does DragonflyBSD...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxdatabases.info';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/linux.html