How to restore from pg_dumpall output

От Laura Conrad
Тема How to restore from pg_dumpall output
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have a database that was built under a Mandrake 7.2 postgres
installation.  I am now running Debian (woody) on that machine, with
postgresql 7.2.1.

I still have the data directory from the old installation, so I
started a postmaster on a non-standard port, with a -D pointing to
that directory, and as the postgres user did:

        pg_dumpall -p 8050 >/tmp/db.sql

I then tried to restore (again as the postgres user), as documented in
the pg_dumpall man page:

        psql -f /tmp/db.sql template1

It does a few things, and then says:

        psql:/tmp/db.sql:16: \connect: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication
        failed for user "bostonre"

I would have thought the postgres user would be able to restore stuff
for any user.  What am I doing wrong?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097    fax: (801) 365-6574