Re: How to restore from pg_dumpall output

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to restore from pg_dumpall output
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> writes:
>         pg_dumpall -p 8050 >/tmp/db.sql
> I then tried to restore (again as the postgres user), as documented in
> the pg_dumpall man page:
>         psql -f /tmp/db.sql template1
> It does a few things, and then says:
>         psql:/tmp/db.sql:16: \connect: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication
>         failed for user "bostonre"

I believe this will work better if you use "-X use-set-session-authorization"
to pg_dump (which should be the default, but isn't yet).  Without that,
you need an authorization configuration that will let you connect as
someone else --- which IDENT won't, superuser or no.  (You could set up
an ident map to let that happen, but it'd be tedious if you have lots of
users to keep track of.)