Re: Commit fest queue

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Commit fest queue
Дата
Re: Commit fest queue  ("Tom Dunstan" <pgsql@tomd.cc>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:

> The typical way to solve this is to have the tracker send an automatic
> notification email to a list saying "Hey, there's a new ticket at ,
> come and check it out".

Unfortunately that is the typical way to "solve" this. And it's awful.
It's like the ubiquitous cryptic phone call in movies saying "can't talk
right now but there's something you should know. Meet me under the bridge"

Much much better are the systems like debbugs where you get the actual ticket
by email. And can respond by email. And basically never need to visit the web
interface unless you want to see the summarized data.

Personally I would consider any system without at least these attributes to be
unusable:

a) Never sends an email without the full content it's notifying you of

b) Never sends an email which can't be replied to normally

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's Slony Replication
support!