Re: server crash with "process 22821 releasing ProcSignal slot 32, but it contains 0"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: server crash with "process 22821 releasing ProcSignal slot 32, but it contains 0"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I suspect (but haven't had time to prove and may not for several days
> -- unfortunately going on vacation momentarily) that this might be
> caused by pl/sh.

Hm.  The reported symptoms might be explainable if something had caused
multiple threads to become active within the backend process --- then
it would be plausible for it to try to do proc_exit cleanup twice.
Which would explain the first two errors, though I'm not sure how that
leads to failing to disown the process latch, as the third error
suggests must have happened.  But I don't know enough about pl/sh to
know if it could cause threading activation.

> In particular, we have a routine that was
> inadvertently applied to the database in with windows cr/lf instead of
> the normal linux newline.

This doesn't seem real promising as an explanation ...