how can I tell it's postgresql data?

От Ricardo Anguiano
Тема how can I tell it's postgresql data?
Дата
Re: how can I tell it's postgresql data?  (Aarni Ruuhimäki <aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com>)
Re: how can I tell it's postgresql data?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
Greetings,

I have recently been given some files and told they were "postgre SQL
database" files.  I have a couple of questions.

I am new to databases and postgresql.  I have managed to install
postgresql-7.2.2, initialize it, and get postmaster started under
FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE.

Question #1: How can I tell if I have actual "postgresql database"
             files?  The files have no extension.  The `file` command
             reports the files are "MS-Windows true type font .ttf"
             files.

db_restore doesn't like the files:

        pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a
        valid archive

Question #2: If these are database files, how can I get the data back
             in the database?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
--