Re: PL/Perl on HPUX

От David Nicely
Тема Re: PL/Perl on HPUX
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Petre Scheie wrote:

> Thanks, David, for the link to gcc-64.  I got the 64-bit gcc from
> sunsite but, after bunzipping it, I untar it, and after a couple
> hundred files are untarred, I get a 'directory checksum error'.  Does
> this mean my tar file is corrupted?  Or something else?

I really don't know much about hp-ux, I'm  much more familiar with
solaris and a few other unix's.
I can give you few suggestions though, based on what I would do in this
situtation.
It does sound like the tar file is corrupted. make sure , if youre using
ftp to download it, use binary mode and possibly passive ftp.
Try downloading the gcc package from hp (they have a few different
versions and install instructions)
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_IDX/1,1703,547,00.html

Actually I think from hp's site you get the package in .depot format,
which means you may not have to untar anything...

Hope this helps. good luck.