Re: How to get rid of unicode

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: How to get rid of unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:47 AM, Vishal Mailinglist wrote:

> I am reciving unicode text in one of the table field this actually
> breaks my frontend.
> I want to create a trigger which will actually detect a unicode
> character in the field and change/filter it out.
> How to go about this ?

See this thread for some ideas and solutions.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-05/msg01457.php

It would be nice to have a built-in function to make a best effort
character conversion rather than generating errors.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Сообщение: Re: How to get rid of unicode
Сообщение: Re: How to get rid of unicode