Re: How to get rid of unicode

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: How to get rid of unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can ask the server to translate everything to the needed encoding by
setting the clientencoding correctly (if you do not have SQLASCII as server
encoding, otherwise think about fixing this issue by selecting a reasonable
server encoding for your application).
Example : set client_encoding='Latin1';
This has to be set at the beginning of the sesion. Then the server will
deliver all the strings in Latin1 encoding.

If you need this special encoding at a special place in your application you
might get it solved by a function or use the convert function within a
select.

Best regards
Ivo