Re: Postgres-XL

От SQL Padawan
Тема Re: Postgres-XL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

sequences.It is a decent high availability solution. More information is available here: https://www.postgres-xl.org/

> > > It hasn't moved in almost 3 years? A Marie-Céleste project?

> You know that "free" in software is one thing and "free" beer another.

Yes of course - and I'm not criticising or pointing fingers at anyone involved in that project.

It's just that it has been **my experience** that software always has issues - esp. a piece of distributed software
whosefoundation is also v. complex.

PostgreSQL 10 is at version 19 - the XL project hasn't moved since 10.1 - doesn't inspire confidence in me anyway - and
Ipersonally would be very hesitant about recommending what is, AFAICS, abandon-ware.

YMMV - with all respect,

SQLP!