Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Список pgsql-general
On 07/20/2018 03:59 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I don't see why we need this thread to continue.  This sounds like
> somebody looking for a solution when they don't yet know what the
> problem is.

Unfortunately, you don't understand the problem which is why this thread
is happening on -general and not -hackers. The problem is simple as
illustrated, our user documentation is less than stellar for those
trying to solve specific problems. This isn't a new problem nor is it
one that is not communicated. I hear the issue from users ever single
time I speak or attend a conference/meetup.

I was hoping to get the -general community to step and build some
recipes and howto articles without at the same time dictating the
solution. That's a good thing because a non-dictated solution is likely
to have more strength.

The wiki is a terrible choice but if that is where the community thinks
it should go, I welcome people starting to contribute in a structured
fashion to the wiki. I hope it works out well.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Сообщение: Re: User documentation vs Official Docs