Re: User documentation vs Official Docs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Дата
Re: User documentation vs Official Docs
Список pgsql-general
On 2018-Jul-20, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 07/20/2018 11:45 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > Back to the original idea, it would be great if those participating
> > would be willing to help even a little in determining an actual
> > direction to take this.
>
> I would say that discussion should take place in --docs:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-docs/

I don't see why we need this thread to continue.  This sounds like
somebody looking for a solution when they don't yet know what the
problem is.

If people want to contribute, there are already some places where they
can do so.  Articles can be drafted in the wiki initially or, heck, even
sites like StackOverflow[1], and if something gets to a level so great
that they think it should be enshrined in DocBook, they can turn it into
a documentation patch.

[1] for extra points, write in SO and then add a link to the question to
FAQ in the wiki.