Re: bytea and character encoding when inserting escaped literals

От Andy Anderson
Тема Re: bytea and character encoding when inserting escaped literals
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm thinking that the answer is in the literal interpretation of the
error message, i.e. it doesn't like the specific byte 0x00, i.e. the
null byte. According to the docs (4.1.2.1. String Constants):

"The character with the code zero cannot be in a string constant."

The reason may be that these are handled by C under the hood, so that
sequence would terminate the string and there shouldn't be anything
following it.

So the question then becomes, how to insert binary data this way? I'm
not sure about that off-hand.

-- Andy