Re: Can I change the character encoding for a DB?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can I change the character encoding for a DB?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Iain" <iain@mst.co.jp> writes:
> I created a DB with SQL_ASCII encoding but I want to change it to EUC_JP.
> Can I do this without creating a new database?

If you're certain that the data already in the database is in EUC_JP
encoding, it would probably work to do a quick UPDATE on the
pg_database.encoding entry for the database (and then start fresh
backend sessions, since they won't notice otherwise).  If there's data in
there that is not correct per EUC_JP then this will create big problems,
so don't say I didn't warn you ...