Can I change the character encoding for a DB?

От Iain
Тема Can I change the character encoding for a DB?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I created a DB with SQL_ASCII encoding but I want to change it to EUC_JP. Can I do this without creating a new database? I didn't find a way in the docs, sorry.

  set server_encoding = EUC_JP;

didn't work.

My understanding is that the encoding is purely information and doesn't actually affect the data stored in the DB. Is that right?

The reason I want to do this is that my java app is corrupting Japanese Kanji. I suspect that the JDBC driver uses this information. VB apps using ODBS seem to be fine.

Сообщение: User attibutes