Re: Copying schemas between databases

От Spiegelberg, Greg
Тема Re: Copying schemas between databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
See contrib/dblink.  It may be able to help.

Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:00 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Copying schemas between databases

Hi

Im using postgresql 8.2

I need to access data accross databases, I believe this is not possible in Postgre.  So my only alternative appears to be copying data, the whole public schema, from one database to another.

For example, i have a reporting database and several other databases i would like to report on. I need to copy my public schemas from the original databases to the reporting database and rename them like so:

MyFirstDatabase.public  > ReportingDatabase.firstdb
OtherDatabase  >  ReportingDatabase.otherdb

What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Or am i wrong in thinking i cannot access adta directly accross databases?

Any help much apperciated.

thanks gp