Re: infinite blocking statements in 8.2.3

От Thomas Markus
Тема Re: infinite blocking statements in 8.2.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
my problem is back :(

ps shows a SELECT
i tried to cancel that blocking statement with |pg_cancel_backend|(pid).
after that ps show 'idle in transaction'. a simple kill <pid> doesn't
help. i did a pg_ctl -m immediate stop.
Postgres is away however the dead process is further present. I can stop
these also only with kill -9.

Does someone have an idea where the problem is and as I this to avoid can?

thx
Thomas

Thomas Markus schrieb:
> I'm running 8.2.3 on ubuntu 6.06 (2.6.15-26-server SMP i686)
>
> sometimes i have SELECTs that never ends. Normally I drop connections
> by killing the connection process (kill <PID>). But these hanging
> connections (which blocks other statements infinitly) cant be killed.
> the only way is a pg_ctl -m immediate stop or a brutal kill -9

Вложения