Re: adminpack installation problem

От French, Martin
Тема Re: adminpack installation problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

You need to ensure you install into the database you specified as your maintenance database in pgAdmin.

If you connect to a database called "live" but use "template1" as your maintenance database, then you will need to
installinto "template1".

psql -U postgres template1 -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/adminpack

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of
francescoboccacci@libero.it
Sent: 06 July 2011 09:20
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] adminpack installation problem

Dear all,
i have a question for you. I'd like to install adminpack functionality to my
pgadminIII. I use pgaminIII v1.10 and with it i connect to  my server where i
installed a cluster of database. I read some documentations but i don't
understand how can install the package. I found in my server
/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/adminpack.sql.
How can install it? i have to run this sql in all my database cluster like
this:

psql -U postgres DATABASENAME < /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/adminpack.
sql

Thanks

Francesco Boccacci

This email is intended for the named recipient. The information contained
in it is confidential.  You should not copy it for any purposes, nor
disclose its contents to any other party.  If you received this email
in error, please notify the sender immediately via email, and delete it from
your computer.

necessarily represent those of the company.

PCI Compliancy: Please note, we do not send or wish to receive banking, credit
or debit card information by email or any other form of communication.

Please try our new on-line ordering system at http://www.cromwell.co.uk/ice

Cromwell Tools Limited, PO Box 14, 65 Chartwell Drive
Wigston, Leicester LE18 1AT. Tel 0116 2888000
Registered in England and Wales, Reg No 00986161
VAT GB 115 5713 87 900