Re: Null comparisons and the transform_null_equals run-time parameter

От Ken Winter
Тема Re: Null comparisons and the transform_null_equals run-time parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve ~

Thanks for the great tips.  See comments below.

Wow, that's the same wheel I just reinvented!  Works fine in my test
functions.  Guess I can scrap my home-brewed functions that do the same
thing.

> > The reason I need this is that I'm writing functions to test my database
> > programming (triggers, rules, etc), and these tests sometimes need to
> treat
> > Null as just another value in doing test comparisons.
>
> You also might find http://pgtap.org/  useful.

Yes indeed, looks very promising.

I see there are also test frameworks available at
http://en.dklab.ru/lib/dklab_pgunit/ and http://www.epictest.org/ .

This will take me a while to digest, but hopefully I'll be able to scrap, or
greatly simplify, my elaborate homemade test functions too.  It's always a
joy to be able to replace my own code with somebody else's.

~ Ken

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: character 0x90 of encoding "WIN1252" has no equivalent in "UTF8"
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: character 0x90 of encoding "WIN1252" has no equivalent in "UTF8"