Re: [MACTCL] Tcl load command and mac os x

От Daniel A. Steffen
Тема Re: [MACTCL] Tcl load command and mac os x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jerry,

On Wednesday, Apr 7, 2004, at 08:25 Australia/Sydney, Jerry LeVan wrote:
> % load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so
> dyld: tclsh malformed library: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so (not a
> Mach-O library file, bad filetype value)

this should do it, however it appears that your library isn't a Mac OS
X shared library, probably you built a MachO bundle instead of a MachO
dylib. You'll have to look at the postgres buildsystem to see why it
doesn't use the information in tclConfig.sh (i.e. TCL_SHLIB_LD) to
build tcl extensions. The link line should use '-dynamiclib' and not
'-bundle', c.f. 'man ld' for details.

also, you really want to use the OSX standard .dylib shared library
extension, so that you can use
    [load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]]
in cross-platform tcl code.

> % load /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.a
> dyld: tclsh malformed library: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.a (not a
> Mach-O file, bad magic number)

you cannot load static libraries

> Question 2) Since I have Apple's Tcl and the Aqua Tcl/Tk how do I
> force config to use the
>             aqua version?

if postgres has a TEA compliant configure script, use
    ./configure --with-tcl=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework
--with-tclinclude=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers

similar issues have come up many many times before on the tcl-mac list,
you may want to consult the list archives...

Cheers,

Daniel

--
** Daniel A. Steffen     **  "And now for something completely
** Dept. of Mathematics  **   different"    Monty Python