timestamp precision with or without timezones

От mboes@tweag.net
Тема timestamp precision with or without timezones
Дата
Re: timestamp precision with or without timezones  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi there,

Is there a way of specifying the precision of a timestamp *with
timezone* field? It works fine for timestamps *without* timezones, but
gives me a syntax error if I try with timestamptz:

tweag=> create table tbl1 (t timestamp(0));
CREATE TABLE
tweag=> \d tbl1
                 Table "public.tbl1"
 Column |              Type              | Modifiers
 t      | timestamp(3) without time zone |

tweag=> create table tbl1 (t timestamptz(0));
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 33
tweag=> create table tbl1 (t timestamp(0) without timezone);
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "timezone" at character 43

TIA,

Mathieu Boespflug