Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/25/17 12:54 AM, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> The documentation available at
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-createtable.html,
> does not make it clear that the lower bound of a range partition is
> always inclusive and the higher one is exclusive. I think a note in
> section " PARTITION OF parent_table FOR VALUES partition_bound_spec"
> would be helpful.

Hmm.  I see the practical use of that, but I think this is going to be a
source of endless confusion.  Can we make that a bit clearer in the
syntax, for example by using additional keywords (INCLUSIVE/EXCLUSIVE)?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Performance improvement for joins where outer side is unique