Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    David G. Johnston wrote:

> POLA, for me at least, would be for \g [filename] to do exactly what
> you are describing with the \copyto feature.

I admit that if we could improve \g to handle COPY, it would be more
elegant than the current proposal adding two meta-commands.

But the copy-workflow and non-copy-workflow are different, and in
order to know which one to start, \g would need to analyze the query
to determine whether it's a COPY FROM, COPY TO or something else.
psql parses queries syntactically, but not semantically AFAIK, and I
suspect we don't want to start doing that, as it breaks a separation
of concerns.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité