Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 9:35 AM Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
> If for instance psql received a notification between the two \o it would
> end up in the file, which it wouldn't with \copyto.
> The same is true for  SELECT... \g file as opposed to \o file

Is that something we could change instead of adding a new command?
POLA, for me at least, would be for \g [filename] to do exactly what
you are describing with the \copyto feature. That is doesn't and there
haven't been complaints I would chalk up to notices and command
[filename] or paired \o [filename].

David J.