Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 08.11.2018 22:05, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2018-Nov-08, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
>
>> Before doing any other refactoring of projection indexes I want to attach
>> small bug fix patch which
>> fixes the original problem (SIGSEGV) and also disables recheck_on_update by
>> default.
>> As Laurenz has suggested, I replaced boolean recheck_on_update option with
>> "on","auto,"off" (default).
> I think this causes an ABI break for GenericIndexOpts.  Not sure to what
> extent that is an actual problem (i.e. how many modules were compiled
> with 11.0 that are gonna be reading that struct with later Pg), but I
> think it should be avoided anyhow.

Ok, I reverted back my change of reach_on_update option type.
Now if reach_on_update option is not  explicitly specified, then
decision is made based on the expression cost.
Patches becomes very small and fix only error in comparison of index
tuple values.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: Alternative to \copy in psql modelled after \g
От: Jesper Pedersen
Сообщение: Re: speeding up planning with partitions