Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 7 Sep 2021, at 16:10, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> On 9/7/21 4:06 AM, REIX, Tony wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am interested in knowing if AIX could be added to the PostgreSQL page
>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/ , either as a link to a PostgreSQL
>> web-site page where instructions can be given and updated about where to
>> get RPMs for AIX and how to install them, plus news about new versions
>> and releases, or a link to a page out of PostgreSQL web-site.
>>
>> We (Bull/ATOS BullFreeware: http://www.bullfreeware.com,  and IBM AIX
>> ToolBox:
>> https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/aix-toolbox-linux-applications-overview)
>> are providing OpenSource packages (inc. PostgreSQL) for AIX under RPM
>> format since ages and we'd like to enable PostgreSQL for AIX to be more
>> visible by PostgreSQL users.
>
> Looking at the available packages[1], it does not appear that all of the
> community supported versions are updated (e.g. the last 9.6 updates were
> in 2018). It also seems that package updates are random -- e.g. there
> was a 13.1 release, and a 13.4 release, which misses several bug fix +
> security releases, and they come out several weeks after the release.

Do we have a strict policy around this?  Some package managers are still at
13.3 ~ a month out and the Fink macOS package manager doesn’t have v13 at all
AFAICT?

> I'd be more open to this if the packages themselves were hosted on
> community infrastructure and were consistent with the rest of the
> packaging projects.

That seems a high bar to cross given that we don’t host macOS, Windows and the
BSD’s today but link to those.

> Right now I'm -1 on this; additionally, I'm
> generally -1 to adding more additional offsite links to downloads.

Unrelated but semi-related, if we don’t want new links we should probably
remove the Solaris download link which doesn’t even link to downloadable
packages.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Сообщение: Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page