Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Дата
RE: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page  ("REIX, Tony" <tony.reix@atos.net>)
Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Список pgsql-www
On 9/7/21 10:57 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 3:26 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se
> <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> wrote:
>
>     > On 7 Sep 2021, at 16:10, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
>     <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:

>     > I'd be more open to this if the packages themselves were hosted on
>     > community infrastructure and were consistent with the rest of the
>     > packaging projects.
>
>     That seems a high bar to cross given that we don’t host macOS,
>     Windows and the
>     BSD’s today but link to those.
>

> I agree.

It doesn't mean we need to continue to exacerbate the situation by
linking to downloads that we have little control over.

For example, what happens when the external downloads are unavailable?
We had a recent incident where this exact scenario happened. There are
now some reporting mechanisms in place to handle that scenario, but
ultimately it comes back to "PostgreSQL is unavailable for download."

>     > Right now I'm -1 on this; additionally, I'm
>     > generally -1 to adding more additional offsite links to downloads.
>
>     Unrelated but semi-related, if we don’t want new links we should
>     probably
>     remove the Solaris download link which doesn’t even link to downloadable
>     packages.
>

> +1

IIRC we had left that up so we could sunset it and provide "forwarding
information." Given it's been ~1 year, we could likely remove it.

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Сообщение: Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page