Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 9/7/21 4:06 AM, REIX, Tony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in knowing if AIX could be added to the PostgreSQL page
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/ , either as a link to a PostgreSQL
> web-site page where instructions can be given and updated about where to
> get RPMs for AIX and how to install them, plus news about new versions
> and releases, or a link to a page out of PostgreSQL web-site.
>
> We (Bull/ATOS BullFreeware: http://www.bullfreeware.com,  and IBM AIX
> ToolBox:
> https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/aix-toolbox-linux-applications-overview)
> are providing OpenSource packages (inc. PostgreSQL) for AIX under RPM
> format since ages and we'd like to enable PostgreSQL for AIX to be more
> visible by PostgreSQL users.

Looking at the available packages[1], it does not appear that all of the
community supported versions are updated (e.g. the last 9.6 updates were
in 2018). It also seems that package updates are random -- e.g. there
was a 13.1 release, and a 13.4 release, which misses several bug fix +
security releases, and they come out several weeks after the release.

I'd be more open to this if the packages themselves were hosted on
community infrastructure and were consistent with the rest of the
packaging projects. Right now I'm -1 on this; additionally, I'm
generally -1 to adding more additional offsite links to downloads.

Thanks,

Jonathan

[1]
http://www.bullfreeware.com/?searching=true&package=postgresql&from=&to=&libraries=false&exact=false&version=5