Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 10:07 PM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 7, 2021, at 12:35, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> >
> > But we also need to make sure we don't end up being a link factory for
> > companies or organisations who just want to get clicks, and do so by
> > hosting an installer.
>
> It's a bit of a balancing act, because one of the ways a commercial organization can justify the (non-trivial) cost
ofpreparing packages or an installer is that it is a good marketing tool.  At the minimum, we should require that the
installerbe downlaodable without any registration or information collection.

Certainly, and I'm fine with that. I mean what we want to avoid is
having 5 different links for each platform going to differen companies
who're doing that as a way to drive traffic only. But yes as you say,
it's a balance.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page