Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?

От Steve Langlois
Тема Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Дата
Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?  (Steve Langlois <steve.langlois@tavve.com>)
Список pgsql-general

you never did answer my previous question, why are you messing about with manually starting postgres from the wrong user account, when it should be run as a system service with systemctl ?

I am upgrading an existing system running CentOS 5.6 with Postgres 8.2.5 to CentOS 7 with 9.2.15. The original system modified the postgresql script to manually running postmaster to start the database under the current user control. So it is really for compatibility with the rest of the code.

So currently to create the database I run:

/usr/bin/initdb --pgdata=/usr/test/databases/pgsql/data --auth=ident

And to start the database with:

/usr/bin/postmaster -p 5432 -D /usr/test/databases/pgsql/data

If local is used for unix domain socket connections do I change --auth to --auth-local=ident for initdb?

Thank you.