Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/20/2016 10:44 AM, Steve Langlois wrote:
> Steve Langlois <steve.langlois@tavve.com> writes:
>
>> I ran
>> + /usr/bin/initdb --pgdata=/usr/xxx/databases/pgsql/data --auth=ident
>> without issue however when I try to start the database it complains about the lockfile.
>> FATAL:  could not create lock file "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock": Permission denied
>
> I was able to resolve this issue using -k /tmp with postmaster:
>
> postmaster -k "/tmp" -D "/usr/xxx/databases/pgsql/data"
>
> In postgresql.conf I have
>
> listen_addresses = 'localhost'
> unix_socket_directories = '/tmp'
>
> However when I try to connect with psql
>
> [13:27:08 slanglois@tron data]$ psql postgres
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> The lock file is in /tmp

Tom Lane addressed that in his reply to your post,  here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/16354.1468965669%40sss.pgh.pa.us

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Jonathan Eastgate
Сообщение: Re: BDR Cluster vs DB Config
От: Steve Langlois
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?