Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/20/2016 10:44 AM, Steve Langlois wrote:
Why is the local connection not working without having to add host ::1/128 to the pg_hba.conf file. I thought specifying local all all trust would allow any local connection.

local != localhost...  on your system localhost is resolving to the ipv6 ::1, rather than the ipv4 127.0.0.1  but these are both still tcp/ip 'host' connections.   'local' is used for unix domain socket connections, which are when you don't specify any hostname (or specify a socket path starting with /)

you never did answer my previous question, why are you messing about with manually starting postgres from the wrong user account, when it should be run as a system service with systemctl ?

    $ sudo systemctl start service.postgresql-9.1

and if you want it to auto-start on reboot,

    $ sudo systemctl enable service.postgresql-9.1