Re: initdb createuser commands

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: initdb createuser commands
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/30/2016 03:42 PM, Samuel Williams wrote:
>> A given the number of new users I see showing up and the number of those using a GUI like pgAdmin I am not seeing
thepriority.

> Well, maybe the reason for this is that the command line tools are not
> well thought out and people reach for alternatives.
>
>> but you are pushing against something that has significant inertia.
>
> I understand where you are coming from. However, I don't think I'm
> pushing against it. I'm just providing feedback and ideas. The ideas I
> did provide don't really push, but are incremental improvements which
> preserve backwards compatibility.
>
> As a community I'd think that having feedback from a new user would be
> valuable since as you say, sometimes when you get ingrained into the
> "way of doing things" that you don't see how they could be improved or
> different.
>
>> I do not see anyone pre-approving a PR that they have not seen.
>
> I'm not suggesting anyone to pre-approve anything. I'm suggesting that
> there is no point investing the effort if there is no desire to fix
> the problem. If the problem would be acknowledged by a core dev and a
> "Let's improve this" attitude were espoused, I'd feel more confident
> to invest the time and effort required to improve things.

I would suggest bringing this up on --hackers then:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/

You will probably get a better sense of what is considered possible there.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Samuel Williams
Сообщение: Re: initdb createuser commands
Сообщение: Re: initdb createuser commands